If you have any questions or concerns not addressed here, please contact your area Councillor or the Reeve. You can find their contact information on our Staff & Councillors page.
The Municipality owns and manages a fleet of approximately 20 pieces of equipment including graders, gravel trucks, trailers, light duty trucks and other equipment.
R.M. maps are available at the R.M. office for $15.00/map. Grid Road maps are also available.
The municipality owns 2 graders. Grading of roads is done on a regular rotation basis with grid roads and high traffic roads receiving first priority. Grader work is coordinated by the Foreman and the Council. The ratepayer’s first line of contact is with the foreman and their division Councillor.
Custom gravel rates: $17.00/yd, $5/loaded mile for haul, $30.00/load loading
Trees and shrubs must be planted 150 feet from the centre line of the road or 300 feet from the intersection of two roads.
Custom work services offered to residents of the municipality include driveway grading, snow removal, mowing. Custom work is normally done while the equipment is in the area and is completed as time permits.
Ratepayers & Renters:
- Motor Grader, with or without attachments $85.00 per hour
- Tractor & Mower or Sprayer $75.00 per hour
- Man, ordinary labour $30.00 per hour
- Farm Tractor, with or without attachments $60.00 per hour
- Truck – ½ ton, whichever applies $0.50/km or $30.00 per hour
– larger than ½ ton, whichever applies $0.50/km or $40.00 per hour
- Loader $85.00 per hour
- Semi-Truck and Belly Dump Trailer $85.00 per hour
- Rubber wheel packer $70.00 per day
Non-Ratepayers & Gas Companies:
- Motor Grader $150.00 per hour
- Tractor/Mower $100.00 per hour
- Loader $150.00 per hour
- Rubber Wheel Packer $110.00 per day
Moving to and from the job site will be charged at the above rates. A minimum ½ hour charge applies to any custom work performed when requested.
That the following be hereby adopted and approved as policy for the use of RM equipment as follows:
- All Machinery and equipment owned by the R.M. of Deer Forks No. 232 is to be operated and/or used by RM employees only. Any special requests made by any other person other than a RM employee to operate RM machinery and/or equipment is to be approved by Council on a request by request basis.
- BALE REMOVAL POLICY – All bales situated within the R.M. right of way shall be removed by August 1 of each year. If bales are not removed by specified date, the council of the R.M. of Deer Forks will have the bales removed at the owners expense.